Thursday, March 6, 2008

Our pet couch...







No matter what Luke tells you about this crazy couch...he think it's pretty soft and nice. =o) He calls it the pet couch because the fabric was called "faux mink" hee hee. =o) I had the first part done before remembering to take a before picture...oopsee. =o) I have run out of fabric and the overstock fabric place I got it from ran out too....hummmmmm. I ordered another yard of something similar and I'm hoping when I finish the cushions it won't show. I think this fine couch will last us the three more years it needs too. She's been a good comfy couch. I'll post pictures of the brass upholstery tacks that are still coming in the mail when they're on too...I'm hoping they pull this "thing" we call a couch together. Until the tacks come, I thought I'd take the couch up a noch by pasting it onto another picture with better atmosphere than our apartment. hee hee =o) I just couldn't resist...sorry the pasting isn't real steller and I think that's a kitchen it's resting in... =o)

I've had a lot of nervous energy about match day I think because I keep venting it on projects like this couch etc. I've been in the mood to do things like...well...sit by a pond and stare at the water, take naps as I mentioned before, not work on my mom's web site (my poor mom, she's been so sweet about it though), make bread and knead the dough...you know things like that. =o) We only have 15 more days to wait, so we'll know soon.


Ann

4 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, Ann, you've really got some talent goin' on there!

Luke & Andria said...

Hey thanks Julie...I'm not planning on opening a upholstery shop anytime soon, I'm sure it's best left to professionals most of the time. =o) It was fun to salvage this old couch though...we really don't want to buy another for a few years. =o)

Minders said...

Great job on the couch Ann! If you move to Peoria then I'll have you come to something to our old couch in the basement...it could really use a face lift!

Luke & Andria said...

It only took a few hours...I'm sure our little Noah's would love to help too. =o) We're thinking of you and your little one. =o)

Ann