Monday, March 31, 2008

AND we lost it...



Awwww...and I thought I liked it a lot. Someone outbid us on the house. We thought we had a pretty good shot since we offered the list price with pro-rated property tax and paid closing costs...guess not. Some real estate tycoon must have swooped in, or that's what I'm telling myself anyway. =o) At least our best offer made it in time, that makes me feel better. No busting water pipes...though that would have been rather exciting. =o) With Luke to reign me in when needed, I'll probably try to make the house we're buying look like that one in the end...on a budget of course. Perks to the other house we're looking at that keep me cheerful: a basement for toys etc. and lower property taxes-which are crazy high right now (though they capped property taxes finally and raised sales tax in IN to 7%, instead of 6%, starting tomorrow).
So on with the hunt. I wanted to give you all an update (Jen usually knows what's going on from the blog before I catch her on the phone hee hee). Three cheers for Lyn who is great to work with. =o)

Ann

4 comments:

Nathan and Natalie said...

Awww you'll find it. Keep looking. :)

Bry&Ash said...

Oh, I'm sorry Ann. That did look like a pretty cool house. Glad to hear that you're not dwelling on it too much though and that you have some other good options lined up. Can't wait to see what happens.
Love you,
Ash

Luke & Andria said...

Thanks for the sweet words of comfort...=o) I had steeled myself against getting my hopes up and I think that helped. It's a bummer we lost an obviously good property though. =o(

Our offers is in on our second choice...we'll keep you all posted...I know I know...so intense right...thanks for caring all. =o)

S & L Gutwein said...

That's too bad. House hunting is a fun but exhausting time. Good luck! -liv