Thursday, November 29, 2007

Why I'm always late...

I think I've pin pointed why I'm constantly in a race to beat the lateness trend I have going. I get the most self fulfillment from completing as many things possible in a single 24 hour period and it's not working. This kind of mentality will look at the clock and say...well, I've got 30 minutes before I need to walk out the door...that's plenty of time to start a load of wash, clean the apartment and maybe iron a few shirts. It's totally unrealistic! It never works and yet I try to pull it off over and over again...maybe not the shirts, I put that off as long as possible. So if it doesn't work, why do I keep doing it? Not sure, but I'm going to try to mend my ways and head to the car if I've got 30 minutes to spare; maybe I can keep thank you notes in my diaper bag to work on if I'm early or something. Other than that revelation, the day has been pretty uneventful. I told myself that I did not have time to do any gifts this year that involve sewing...but I couldn't help myself today while Christmas shopping. It happens every year (kind of like the lateness issue), I inevitably see some cute material on sale somewhere and I'm at the counter having it cut off the bolt before I can...well bolt I guess (that's for you mom). =o) So, I'm sewing. he he. Also on the list of things to get, a cowboy hat for Adrian's 3rd birthday on 12-4. Does he need one...no but it will bring a lot of joy for the $3 I spent on it AND it doesn't make any noise. I didn't get a cart when I entered the store because I was determined not to buy a bunch of stuff...marketing and store layout schemes are so evil. I finally had to get a cart for the things I HAD to get like that new gel bronzer and oh, we need contact solution (we've alredy talked about the material that found it's way into my arms). =o) Luke left for St. Louis today for an interview and will be gone tonight...sigh. Just me and the three little body guards here tonight I guess. I think I'll work on those gifts I said I didn't have time to make. =o) Yesterday Noah proclaimed that I am a mammal...before thinking through it I retorted that I was not (well...it sounded like he called me a cow or something). So he says to me "YES, you are mom, you make milk!" HA...too funny. =o) I didn't even know what to say, I had to maintain my superior status as mom that knows more than 4 year old. I think I mumbled something about not hearing him or not having time to think about it. =o) I'm still ahead of him though...he thinks he's not a mammal because he has yet to nurse his young. Have a great day being a mammal! =o) Andria

6 comments:

team leman said...

Andria! I can totally relate to your post! Especially the fabric purchasing and milk making : ) Did you make it to JoAnns the day after Thanksgiving?? CRAZINESS! I have been friends with the breast pump for 6 weeks now and Ethan just thinks it is the funniest thing...The day he grabbed it and put it to his body was a bit disturbing for me : ) Boys...so curious!

Luke & Andria said...

I didn't make it to JoAnns...I kind of wish I would have now that you mention it...no, no I take it back, stop the madness. =o) And yes...boys are so funny and crazy curious. =o) Adrian every now and then proclaims that he'll be a mommy when he grows bigger...no son, your daddy would not like to hear you talking like that. =o) Funny funny.

Ann

Monica said...

Oh ANN! I'm so sorry! That mammal business is my fault!! I don't remember if it was singing the song stuck in my head (Mammal by They Might Be Giants), or a book that prompted the discussion the last time I was alone with the boys (wow, I haven't seen you forever!!)...
Well, my cat just threw up Pediatric Benadryl all over the office, so I don't think I'll be forcefeeding her anymore of it... Hope your boys like Cherry flavor because the smallest bottle at Walmart is like 4oz and I'm not going to need it!!
I am SO looking forward to seeing you and the guys tomorrow!!!

Love you,
Monica

Minders said...

LOL! That Noah cracks me up! I actually have tears in my eyes I'm laughing so hard! I'm sitting at the computer and Michael is on the couch. I start dying laughing and Michael looks at me and says "Ann's blog?!" Too funny! Anyway, I think you're ONE HOT MAMMAL!

Luke & Andria said...

Awww mindy...how encouraging. =o) I'm glad you can laugh along with us. =o) It's all about sharing the joys and dividing the sorrows...I'm not sure which one the mammal issue falls into though.

Ann

Luke & Andria said...

Oh an Monica, thanks a lot (for the mammal talk that is)! =o) Cherry will be fine in regards to the Benadryl...though they don't really take it. I suppose it would be nice to have around just in case either of the boys start swelling up or something...I wouldn't put it past them and Noah keeps getting stug by bees (I think he has odd endorphins)

Ann