Tuesday, October 16, 2007

So today...

So today I got up and thought I should get something accomplished...something I can check off a list and consider done. So I wrote a few normal things down like, sort through summer clothes and get rid of the things that look like a squashed cabbage leaf and pay bills on-line to avoid late fees. But then I found myself writing things like, feed children lunch, snuggle Jude on couch...what? Am I so desperate to check things off a list that I will start writing things like, "walk to kitchen and eat bowl of frosted mini-wheat's"? I also wrote out a meal plan and was about to take frozen dinner rolls out to thaw when I remembered that Luke is eating out tonight for school related PR. So much for my organized meal plan...I guess I'll use it tomorrow so it's not totally for naught. Speaking of thawed, Noah wanted a banana today and we have none...because Adrian climbs on the counter and eats two at a time before I notice anything happened. The only reason I know it's him is because he leaves the peels in a pile on top of the other fruit in the fruit bowl along with the little yucky black end pieces strewn about on the counter. So I tell Noah all I can do is give him a banana out of the freezer...he considers it and then says he wants it "haud" like other food...hu? He sees my confusion and explains, "well mom, I want it "haud", the ice comes off like normal food". Ah yes, of course...Thawed. We giggle and he gets a brain freeze eating the tropical treat I didn't manage to thaw before getting destracted by Jude spitting up I believe. After his banana he ran outside without asking me, a big no no, so I went out to fetch him. He was talking to Clint and Alesa in the yard and Adrian had joined him. Wow, it got chilly all the sudden...or was it because I was wearing only a tank top and my jammy shorts..drat. Noah was wearing random PJ pants and a shirt that didn't match and one slipper with a basket ball that lights all up when you walk...drawing attention to the fact that the other foot was bear (thanks for those slippers Laura =0). Adrian looked worse with no shoes on, no shirt,(no service) a pair of PJ pants and left over yogurt on his face from his mid-morning snack. Clint and Alesa were going to pick up Chinese for lunch and they looked very put together...at least I thought so, I didn't have my contacts in yet...what!?... I haven't driven today. =o) Monica stopped by and was looking for a book she's misplaced "I haven't seen it but that means it could be under our couch...the home of any lost or misplaced item" I say. Sure enough, there it was next to Adrian's "Spot" book, a toy zebra and some unidentifed plastic zipper bag thing. That accomplishment wasn't even on the list! Jude has popped his first tooth and is working on the second so he's really snuggly...I think I'll cross off "snuggle with Jude on the couch". Even if it's the only thing I get crossed off my list, at the end of the day, I'm glad to be a mommy. Ann

3 comments:

livelaughlove22 said...

Oh Ann!
I just love it!! I can soooo relate. (To just about all of it!!) Thanks for the laugh!

Jessica

Julie said...

Ann you are too funny!

Minders said...

You crack me up! I love hearing stories of days like this because we all have them! I think what makes it so funny is that fact that I can relate so well! Hope you have a productive day! :)